Strategies and skills for students intervening in alcohol-related situations.
The University program is a 3-hour program tailored for students at universities and colleges. This program gives students the skills they need to intervene with their peers in social situations to prevent alcohol-related incidents.
Boost Campus Safety with TIPS for Universities
TIPS University provides students with the knowledge and confidence necessary to reduce high-risk drinking behavior among their peers. Our unique approach:
- Empowers students to intervene when alcohol is misused
- Provides liability protection for both the university and its student organizations
- Improves relations with local law enforcement, businesses, and residents
- Demonstrates your commitment to the safety and well being of your students
- Prevents property damage, vandalism, and other alcohol-related crimes.
Get started with TIPS University today to invest in a safer, more responsible community.
Request a Personalized Consultation
Crafted for universities, TIPS University addresses challenges and offers effective tools students can use to keep their friends safe and intervene when help and support are needed. TIPS alcohol safety training empowers decision-making, inclusivity, and risk-reduction. TIPS offers:
Flexible Training: on-campus, workshops, online, or hybrid options.
Tailored Solutions: aligns with your campus culture and goals.
Measurable Impact: through comprehensive custom LMS reporting.
Exclusive savings: Bulk discounts & customized payment options.
Create a safer campus with TIPS University training.
Typical response time is less than 24 hours.
TIPS Builds Strong Students and Stronger Communities
TIPS for the University builds on students’ concern for the safety of their peers. This non-judgmental approach helps students from all segments of campus life learn:
- Decision-making skills that help students guide their behavior and consider the consequences of their actions.
- Confidence to prevent alcohol-related incidents on and off campus such as property damage, injury, drunk driving, sexual assault, and other crimes.
- Interpersonal skills that increase students’ abilities to effectively intervene in difficult, alcohol-related situations.
- Liability protection for both the school and its student organizations.
- Respect and concern for others that lead to a more positive campus environment.
TIPS Excels Beyond Other Programs
- TIPS is the training leader you can trust, with over 11.5 million people successfully trained worldwide since 1979.
- Developed by one of the world's foremost authorities on alcohol use and abuse, TIPS maintains a high standard with the content for each program.
- TIPS delivers consistently high-quality programs across six (6) alcohol serving industries in all 50 states including Washington DC and internationally.
- TIPS provides jurisdiction-specific regulatory information to ensure students are aware of the laws related to alcohol purchase, use, and consumption.
State-of-the-Art Learning Management System
All University accounts include access to our easy-to-use Learning Management System (LMS) platform. Integration with your current LMS is flexible, secure, and convenient. Includes the ability to assign manager-level access to build reports, send reminders, track course progress and enrollments, and monitor overall performance. Have access to all of your TIPS training tools in one location.
Many studies have shown TIPS University as an intervention program can effectively reduce risky drinking behavior in high risk students:
"TIPS is clearly an outstanding program that exemplifies the best of an ongoing, evidence-based approach that fosters student engagement, helps students understand their decisions around alcohol use and provides the knowledge and interpersonal skills to recognize when to intervene appropriately in alcohol-related situations."
Director of the ATOD
"The ability to provide TIPS training has been an important tool in Frostburg State University’s success in addressing high-risk drinking, a behavior that often starts long before young people reach college. It has been extremely useful in improving collaboration on campus and in building bridges with our surrounding community."
Frostburg State University
"As a trainer, I enjoy that the TIPS curriculum provides an interactive format to help our students stay safe while hosting events with alcohol. I find that students are very engaged during the training and leave with skills they can apply not just to hosting events, but to watching out for their friends and creating a responsible environment."
Health Promotion Specialist
College of William & Mary